Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13550feet.) trek is a moderate nature trek. Ghandruk and Chhomrong village, Annapurna base camp (4130m.) and Jhinu(Natural hot spring) are major attraction of this trek. Annapurna base camp is surrounded by many Himalayan ranges which include the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri and famous virgin fishtail (Machhapuchhre) mountain that dominate the skyline above Pokhara.
This trek starts at Kimche, a short drive of 3 hours from Pokhara and 1 hour trek to Ghandruk village. The trail takes you through forests and fascinating traditional villages of Ghandurk and Chhomrong gurung village. After reaching to Chhomrong Gurung village, we follow the Modi Khola and passes through stands of rhododendron and bamboo. By the time you reach the large rock over hanging, known as Hinku Cave, you will have noticed that the vegetation has thinned and the gorge narrowed to be only a few hundred meters wide. Steep snow-clad ridges falling from Hiunchuli on the left and Machhapuchhre on the right from the sanctuary. As we enter to the sanctuary, you find yourself in a huge Amphitheatre enclosed by a solid wall of snowcapped peaks. We get to Annapurna base camp hardly. You will see Himchuli , Annapurna South, Barahi Shikhar, Annapurna I, Tent Peak, Singachuli, Glacier Dom, Gangapurna , Annapurna III and Machhapuchhre snow-capped mountains around the Annapurna base camp which makes you worthwhile and happy. After this imaging view, you will trek down to Pokhara via Jhinu Hot Spring.
Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition organize this trek in 7 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Highest Point Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
- Very popular Gurung village Ghandruk and Chhomrong
- Jhinu Natural Hot Spring
- Himchuli , Annapurna South, Barahi Shikhar, Annapurna I, Glacier Dom, Gangapurna , Annapurna III and Machhapuchhre
- Annapurna conservation area project (ACAP)
Trek Starting Point: Kathmandu or Pokhara
Option I: If you start Annapurna Base Camp Trek from Pokhara, you will drive from your Hotel in Pokhara to Kimche and start the trek.
Option II: If you start Annapurna Base Camp trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early (first) flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Kimche then start the trek in same day.
Duration of Trek: If you want to include Ghorepani and Poonhill on this trek , it takes 09 days ( 9 extra days) .
Day 01: Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul - Ghandruk
Day 02: Ghandruk - Chhomrong - Sinuwa
Day 03: Sinuwa - Bamboo - Dovan - Himalayan - Deurali
Day 04: Deurali - MBC - Annapurna Base Camp
Day 05: Annapurna Base Camp - MBC- Deurali - Himalayan - Dovan -Bamboo
Day 06: Bamboo - Sinuwa - Chhomrong - Jhinu - Kyumi
Day 07: Kyumi - Siwai - Nayapul – Pokhara- Kathmandu
What are included?
- Pokhara-Kimche and Siwai-Pokhara by private Jeep or Bus.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and accommodation during the trek.
- ACAP permit and TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System)card permit.
- One experienced and qualified English speaking guide and Trekkers 2:1 porters.
- Guide/Porter's: food, lodge, transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
What Are Excluded?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40.
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask).
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu by flight/ Tourist bus/ Private Car ( We arrange if you ask )
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Your trekking gears.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
This is short trek in Annapurna Region. You do not need any special gears.
I recommend you , Sleeping bag, Trekking boots, Trousers, Socks ,warm jacket, T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt, Sunscreen (SPF 20+) , Back pack, Torch (flashlight),Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries) ,Quick- drying towel, Crampon if you do this trek in Spring.
How do we get Pokhara from Kathmandu ?
There are 3 options to get Pokhara.
Tourist Bus: Tourist Bus leave everyday from Kathmandu to Pokhara by 7:00am in the morning from Kantipath. It takes around 7 hours. The Tourist Bus leave at 7:30am from Pokhara. It cost US$8 per person.
Private Car US$100/ Jeep US$150/ Van US$195: You can take private Car/ Jeep / Van depending on your group size. If you hire private vehicle, it will be more flexible.
By Flight: There are many flights to Pokhara from Kathmandu every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 30 minutes from Kathmandu. It is the more convenient way to get to Pokhara. It cost US$121 per person one way.