Everest Base Camp Trek (5364m/17598feet) is a very well-known adventure trek in Nepal. Tenzing Hillary Lukla Airport, Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Everest Base camp and Kalapather are the major attraction of this trek. We will see World Highest Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Makalu and others Himalayas.
Everest Base Camp Trek starts after flying from Kathmandu to Tenzing Hillary Airport in Lukla (2828m/9278 feet) and follows the Dudh Koshi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche, a bustling bazaar that a junction for trekkers, the local Sherpa and expedition route to the mighty Mt. Everest. All along this part of the trail, its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages great variety of culture and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries. The flora and fauna are other ornaments of the Sagarmatha National Park. From Namche, we trek along a high traversing path where we have our first good views of Everest and then head towards Tengboche Monastery (3867m/ 12687 feet) in a clearing surrounded by rhododendrons. The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape. The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely thrilling and stunning view of Everest (8848m/29029 feet) and others mountains. We then descend to the Imja Khola and continue ascend to the villages of Pangboche (3930m) and Pheriche (4200m) or Dingboche (4358m) then finally approaching the Khumbu Glacier. We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche. The views are spectacular as we continue ascending to Gorak Shep (5100m) for a breather. After that, we hike to Mount Everest Base Camp (5364m/17598 feet) which will give a chance to have a closer spectacular Khumbu Icefall. We also have the opportunity to ascend KalaPathar (5550m/19209 feet) from where we can get awesome views of Everest (8848m/29029 feet), Lhotse (8516m/27940 feet), Ama Dablam (6814m/22356 feet), Nuptse (7864m/25801 feet), Pumori (7165m/23507 feet) and others Himalayan giants which literally numb your senses with breathless admiration that beholds the eye; and makes up for the lung-bursting climb that took you up there. You soon realize it was absolutely worth it. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla.
Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition organize Lodge Trek in 14 days or 2 weeks fly in Lukla and Fly out Lukla to Everest Base Camp. Lodge trek is cheaper in the cost than camping trek. You will sleep at Lodge and eat at restaurant in Lodge.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlight
- Flight to Tenzing Hillary airport Lukla, one adventurous
- Sherpa Capital, trekkers Junction Namche Bazaar
- Sherpa culture and tradition, Monasteries, Flora and Fauna,
- Syangboche, Panoramic view of Himalayas including Mt. Everest.
- Biggest Tengboche Monastery, is stunning view of Everest and others mountains.
- Kalapather, Nearest View point Mt. Everest and other Himalayas.
- UNESCO world natural heritage site : Sagarmatha national park
- Mount Everest Base Camp, Close view of Khumbu Icefall
- Highest Mountain Mt. Everest (8848m) Lhotse (8516m) and Makalu (8463m)
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02-12: Trekking
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are included?
What are excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Sagarmatha National park fee and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight ticket with Airport departure tax.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and trekkers 2:1 porter.
- Guide and porters: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary, flight ticket and equipment etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Apple,Banana,Apple etc.
- 13% government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, boiled water, hot shower, battery charge etc.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for guide and porters.