Manaslu Circuit Trek is a spectacular trek with views of Mt. Manaslu (8163 m), NgadiChuli (7879m.) or (peak 29), Himlung Himal (7126m.), Cheo Himal (6820m.), Gyaji Kung (7030m.), Kang guru (6981m.) and the Annapurna II (7937m.),Ganesh Himal Range and interesting Tibetan-style Buddhist villages ,protected wildlife, rhododendrons and wild flowers, raging rivers, precarious bridges.
Manaslu Circuit Trek follows the spectacular Budhi Gandaki River all the way from Arkhet to its source just below the Larkya Pass (5106m). As you start low, at around 608 m, the landscapes are incredibly varied ranging from green countryside and lush forests to spectacular high altitude landscapes skirting huge glaciers. On this trek, you will pass many villages such as Sotikhola, Machhakhola, Jagat, Philim, Lho, Samagaon, Samdo and Tilche Villages etc. Manaslu Circuit Trek is certainly a great alternative to the Annapurna Circuit. Camping gears is not required unless you go off the beaten track. The crossing of the Larkya Pass (5106m) can be tough when there is snow. However, the stunning landscape with the mighty Himalayas towering straight above you and the spectacular glaciers make it more than worth the effort. The pass links the Budhi Gandaki with the Marsyangdi valley. The descent passes through beautiful alpine meadows at Bimthang before joining the main Annapurna Circuit route heading to the trail head at Dharapani. From Dharapani, we drive back to Kathmandu via Besishahar.
Manaslu Circuit trek is getting more and more popular as a new trekking destination. Due to the increasing number of travelers, lodges in the major places are being developed. So, now you can trek by staying on local lodges (tea houses) without camping in this area.
The trek starts in Arughat or Arkhet or Sotikhola and ends in Dharapani , Chyamche or Besishahar which is also the starting point for the Annapurna Circuit Trek. The trek can be made longer or shorter depending on the length of your walking days and starting point. You can combine the Manaslu Circuit with the Tsum Valley, a beautiful, isolated valley where century old Tibetan traditions prevail or Annapurna Circuit Trek which is one of the most popular trek in Annapurna region.
This trek is restricted area, it requires a Manaslu Restricted permit issue by Department of Immigration Nepal, Manaslu Conservation Area (MCAP), Annapurna Conservation Area (ACAP) permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Card which is arranged by our company and a government certificate holder trekking guide led the group.
Manaslu Trek highlights
- Manaslu, (peak 29), Himlung Himal, Kang guru, Annapurna II, Ganesh Himal and others.
- The highest point of this trek, Larkya La pass (5106m)
- Tibetan-style Buddhist villages, protected wildlife and wild flowers,
- Raging Budhi Gandaki Rivers, precarious bridges.
- Sotikhola, Machhakhola, Jagat, Philim, Lho, Samagaon, Samdo and Tilche Villages etc.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Manaslu Restricted Permit preparation day
Day 03: Drive to Arkhet
Day 04-14: Trekking
Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu-Arkhet Bazar and Chyamje -Kathmandu by Bus or Jeep.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and accommodation during the trek.
- One experienced and qualified English speaking guide and trekkers 2: 1 porter.
- Manaslu restricted trekking permit fee.
- Manaslu / Annapurna Conservation area (MCAP) and (ACAP) permit fee.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local seasonal fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple,grape etc.
- 13% government VAT and Official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water etc.
- Your Trekking Gears and Personal shopping.
- Hot Shower, Battery charge, Boiled water, WIFI etc.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- Tips for the staffs.