Paldor peak is considered a trekking peak by the Nepal mountaineering association, and is a technical climb. Paldor Peak 5,896m is located in the Ganesh Himal Ruby valley region, northwest of Katmandu. The summit of the paldor peak offers a panoramic view of surrounding Ganesh himal ranges.
The quickest approach to Paldor Peak is from Sabrubensi near in the Trisuli valley which can be reached in an 8 to 9 hours drive from Kathmandu. A more interesting approach is the trek to Gatlang through the hills Tamang heritage trail from Syabru Bensi. The route leads via Tamang village of Gatlang, and then heads northwards to Ganesh Himal ruby valley region along the Mailung khola. Ganesh Himal ruby valley area in itself is a good choice for all trekkers. They remain unforgettably beautiful and culturally rich. In addition, the trails are less crowded and the people are friendly. Until Somdang, we can do tea house trek .After Somdang, we have to do camping trek up to Paldor base camp and high camp. This climbing is the overview for anyone who is physically fit and has adventure spirit. After reaching, Paldor peak high camp, we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope. The summit is renowned for being an excellent view of Ganesh Himal, with the icy fangs of Pabil (7,101m / 23,300ft), Lapsang Karpo (7,150m / 23,458ft), Ganesh I (7,406m / 24,298ft) and Ganesh V (6,950m / 22,802ft) can be seen on clear day.
After summit the Paldor peak, we will take to you either direct Syabrubensi or via Pangpass to other side of Ruby valley trek or Tamang heritage trek. It will depend on your time.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi
Day 03-12: Trekking
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public Bus or Jeep.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Tea house and Tent Camp accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking experience Climbing Sherpa and required cook , porters.
- Paldor Peak Climbing Permit.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) Card.
- Langtang national park fee.
- Equipment such as Tent, Ice ax, Rope, Ices crow, Snow bar.
- Trekking /Climbing guide/porters/other staffs: Salary, Insurance, Equipment, Meals and Accommodation etc.
- Garbage Deposit.
- First Aids Kit.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$4O).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, Mineral water ,Boiled water etc.
- Personal climbing gears & clothing (also available on hire).
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs.