Tamang heritage trek starts from Syabrubesi (1460m) and passes through Gatlang, Chilime, Thuman, Timure and Briddim tamang villlage.The people of this region are mostly Tibetans who came from Kerung in Tibet across the border and settled in Nepal. In earlier days, the citizenship of Nepal would not be offered to real Tibetans, so they changed their ethnicity to tamang, which is what they still write till date. The cultural and traditions of these people are similar to the Tibetan across the border. Gatlang is a traditional Tamang village. Gatlang set high on a hillside among terraced fields is the Tamang settlement. One can also visit a Tamang monastery and the beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang. From the viewpoint at Bahundanda near these settlements, called Parwati Kunda and one can also see a panoramic view of Lantang, Kerung, and the Ganesh Himal, Sanjen Himal ranges. Bathing in the hot, healing waters of the natural spring at Tatopani is an exhilarating experience. Nagathali (3165m, view point) in Thuman VDC is surrounded by beautiful views of Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal and Sanjen Himal ranges. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center for the local monks and priests. The ancient monasteries and houses adorned with rich wood engravings at Thuman village are an unforgettable experience. Timure is on the old trade route to Tibet. A fort at Rasuwagadi in Timure is a historical reminder of the Nepal-Tibet relations that has existed for many centuries. A suspension bridge here links Nepal and Tibet. Briddim village offers warm Tamang hospitality at the home – stays run by community members. In addition, visitors can also visit local monasteries of Dukchu Gomba (monastery) chosen as sacred site by the great Tibetan Lama – Guru Rinpoche and Chukla Khnaga Gomba. The tamnag heritage trail trek ends at Syabrubensi or will head towards the Langtang trek via Sherpa gaun or Khanjim village.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi,
Day 03-07: Trekking
Day 08: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 09: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Hotel to Bus Park by car/bus station hotel car.
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public bus or Jeep.
- Langtang National park entrance permits and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- One English speaking experience guide required porters.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with home stay or Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc .
- 13% Government taxes and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.